SyncNow Gateway Publisher Task
The SyncNow Gateway publisher extension enables easily, with few steps to publish Security | Quality | Build Information from Azure Pipelines into other work systems like JIRA | ServiceNow | MicroFocus or any supported SyncNow connected system. The extension will execute a configured action (update | link | comment) on all entities mentioned in code changes comments or create a new entity.
The extension can be downloaded from Azure DevOps Marketplace
- Add a link to SonarQube Quality – SyncNow also gathers information from SonarQube directly
- Update Security | Quality scan status into JIRA Issue or to any other connected system entity mentioned in code commits comments
- Link any Azure DevOps Item, build, release and add it as a link or a comment with a link to any work system
- Update build version into a field Issue mentioned in commits | TFVC
- Create a bug and store it in any other work systems,set fields and add attachments regarding test runs
How to configure
Purpose – link builds of Azure DevOps into Jira Issues
- Create a DevOps Gate process in SyncNow with few steps
- Add SyncNow Publisher task to your pipeline
- Set SyncNow Endpoint with SyncNow base URL
- Choose the desired action and set the payload for the action (can be copied from SyncNow)
- Customize the payload with Azure DevOps variables, for example the variable $(Build.DefinitionName) will be replaced with the build definition name
- Name: Set the name of the task
- SyncNow Endpoint: The base URL of SyncNow
- Check Authenticate with credentials to send credentials from the endpoint defined in Azure DevOps to SyncNow
- Sync DevOps Gate Process ID: this the ID of the gateway process, it can be taken from the process page in SyncNow
- Action: choose the action to execute, the action will be executed on all entities mentioned in code comments
- Attach: chose if to attach files to all entities that will be updated, created. Attachments can be filtered with minimatch patterns. Currently we support adding only two attachments, up to 20MB.
- Maximum allowed changes: Set the maximum allowed entities that will be changed in the target system
- Payload: the payload is a JSON that can be taken from file or from a script. The schema of the JSON can be copied SyncNow UI per any action required.