Sync Process is a job that can run with a timer or continuously (enterprise edition) to synchronize between two work systems.
Every process consists of these items :
- a connector for one work system to be Synchronized
- a connector to the another system
- A mapping definition , it can be mapping which is defined from a template ,custom mapping or inherited mapping from a global definition.
Sync Process and Mapping
SyncNow mapping is used for defining the entity types and field mapping between the work systems. Sync Process can be defined from :
- Local Mapping – customized mapping which is specific for the process
- From Template – Select from a predefined Sync Templates
- Inherited – inherited from a global mapping definition.
Every processes has two connectors defined, every connector has a short name that uniquely identifies the connector and the following optional settings:
- Sub Project – in some work systems it is a mandatory settings.
- Board Name – used in some work systems for sprint and board management
A process mapping can be inherited from global mappings. SyncNow allows adding local entity mapping pairs or field mapping pairs on top of an inherited mapping.
The break inheritance button enables to convert the mapping to be local one without the inheritance.
Work system can change as fields and entities can be removed or changed. SyncNow has validation process for checking that the mapping is valid. The validation checks if the entities and fields exist.
Exporting and Sharing
The map defined for the process can be exported to a file and then be used to import to another sync process in the organization or in another SyncNow deployment.
Sync Templates are sharable SyncNow mapping, they can be signed, versioned and verified for increase security. Sync Processes can be created from a template with a predefined solution that contains entities , field mapping.
Sync Templates does not contain entity filters, entity filters are local for every Sync Process.