How Can We Help?
Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Create DevOps Gate Process
This document describe the procedure to setup a devops gate process
Create a new DevOps Gate Process
- Navigate to the DevOps Gate page
- Press the Add DevOps Gate Process button
Configure System Security with DevOps Gate
- Open another browser tab, go to the Systems page
- Press the edit button of systems that are in the DevOps Process
- Select preferable Webhook Security options
- Restrict Webhooks to specific IP Addresses
- Allow Anonymous web hook notifications DevOps Gate or User SyncNow username account for authenticating webhook requests in to the system.
- Save the system configuration
Using Anonymous web hook notifications is not recommended and dangerous.We highly recommend setting the origin IP Address for the work systems from which webhooks are issued to SyncNow
Configuring the DevOps Gate Process
- Set a name for the process
- Select systems from which to receive a WebHook and a target system where update entities
- Add unique system prefixes. By these prefixes the service will recognize from which system is an entity and which entity should be updated
- Select allowed target sub projects. Only an entity from allowed projects will be created or updated, and only to entities from the allowed sub projects will be added a comment;
Create | Update | Upload Attachmentsaction
- Press the Save button
A new DevOps Gate Process has been created
Set DevOps Gate Process Mapping
- Press the Mapping Entities button
- Add entities pairs. On each API call will be created (or updated previously created) as many entities as many entity types will be added to the mapping (on image below it is only one entity). System connectors without entities such as jenkins or generic system (for API calls) allow mapping only
SyncNow Virtual Entityto another target entity. Generic System and Jenkins can be only the source
- Press the Mapping Fields button
- Add as many fields as needed. For Generic System only
SyncNow Virtual Fieldis available, but you can define fields with any names, every name defines a parameters received from the source system side and mapped to target field , generic system and jenkins can be only be the source of the process.
- Press the Save button
- Press the Edit Field button to open the dialog with advanced field definitions
- Set C# or Constant data transformation for mapped fields if needed to any value received from systems